Thursday, April 17, 2008

NO NEWS IS NOT GOOD NEWS!!!

Well it's Thursday April 17th and we still have no news from immigration on our I-171H. Our social worker made a few adjustments to our homestudy and resubmitted it to USICS on Tuesday April 8th. I have been waiting anxiously to say the least, getting palpitations every time I approach the mailbox. Once this form arrives we are ready to get it certified, and then mail all of our papers to the Chinese consulate in Chicago for authentification. (which means I pay them $20 a sheet to stick a big sticker on the back with Chinese written all over it) Then when it comes back to us (7-10 business days) we will send our entire dossier to our agency who will check it over and then send it all to China!!! Then the waiting begins again for China to give us our official referral and TA(travel approval) If there is one thing you need when adopting it is patience, and coping skills!!! augh!!! We are so excited to get her home!

3 comments:

The Powers Family said...

I've been checking your blog every day! I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

Gretchen Magruder said...

Ugh....SO close!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my we are keeping our fingers crossed for you that everything hurries up!!! Gillian (Sha En) is doing great since we brought her home!!