Sunday, April 6, 2008

Paperwork Fake-out

As I have said on this blog repeatedly, we are still waiting on our I-171H from immigration. We have been waiting since February. Thursday April 3rd, Rick took the day off of work and was at home. I was out with my mom, aunt Lorrie and Rorey for lunch. I called home and asked Rick to check the mail to see if "the form" had arrived and to call me if it was there. Well two minutes later my phone rings and it was Rick saying there was only one piece of mail and it was from the Department of Homeland Security!!!! I yelled ya-hoo in the middle of a restaurant!! BUT... He opened it and all it said was "please submit the documentation in regards to your I-600A." Of course this pushed me over the edge again!!! And to top it off we don't even know what this "documentation" is that they are wanting! At the bottom it said that a checklist had been mailed to our agency. Rick immediately contacted our social worker who knew nothing about this! I'm hoping it is something that can quickly be sent to them and we can get this paperwork chaos behind us! It's Sunday night and I have been trying to stay calm over the weekend (although I'm not good at that). Hopefully tomorrow we will find out what is going on.

No comments: