Thursday, August 21, 2008

School starts!


Riley started 5th grade on Wednesday the 20th, and I can't believe that he is already 10 years old! (soon to be 11 but going on 18) Tonight we have a parents only meeting at school to talk about the curriculum, meet the teachers, band info etc. I'm going to drop the China trip bomb on them and let them soak it in for the next few weeks so they can figure out what to do about the classwork that he will be missing. He is going to be missing 12 school days, well maybe 11... that is if our school is off for Columbus day. This is the trip of a lifetime and I feel that he should go. How often does a 10 year old boy get to spend two weeks in China?

3 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

don't let them give you any crap about the trip.....it IS the educational experience of a lifetime!!

Dana said...

Thank you Gretchen!
I totally agree, and fortunately they seemed to also!!
Dana

Jean said...

Your daughter is beautiful! I just had to stop by and check out your blog. Your boys will love China and they will learn so much. I look forward to following along on your journey and can't wait to see you all on Gotcha Day!

Thanks for checking out my site!
Jean