Thursday, May 8, 2008

Paperwork off to St. Loius!

Well on May 20th it will be one year since we started this journey and finally, all of our paperwork is done and sent to our adoption agency! I'm so glad that it is out of my hands, and on it's way! It could possibly go out to China tomorrow if they don't need to make any changes and I haven't forgotten anything! What in the world! I'm not sure I would have done this if I would have known the problems we were going to come up against! Of course when we get that little girl in our arms it will all be worth it! One whole year of anxiousness, turmoil, frustration, nervous stomach,tearful days, and sleepless nights. Will I ever be the same again?
Now we start a new period of waiting! Waiting for China to give us our "official referral" and also our "travel approval." As everyone already knows, the Olympic games are being held in China in August. Obviously we DO NOT want to be there right before that! Realistically we are expecting to travel in late September or early October. I'm not sure what I will have to post about while we endure the two to three month wait for word from China! Maybe regular life stuff like Riley's baseball games, or Rorey's allergic reaction to Sulfa drugs!! Let me tell you, even without all of this adoption craziness, there is never a boring day at this house!