Thursday, May 29, 2008

Computer Blues

Sorry everyone, our Internet has been on the fritz for the last week! I'm at the library now trying to give you a little something to read!! We are still waiting on a LID. My social worker said today that she would check on it. My friends and I have noticed that surprisingly things seem to be going faster than they used to with the LOA's and traveling dates!! This is good news for us, as we now are only waiting for China to give us the go-ahead!! Of course in the same breath (or typing cramp) my stomach starts to flip over every time I think of it! The flying, the new child, the whole language thing, my boys, the bathrooms in China!! Bathrooms are important to me and I'm in big trouble once we leave our hotel in China!! The good bathrooms in China are like a urinal, but set in the floor! They are called the "squatty potty." The average ones are just like going out in the woods here in the US- in an alley or empty spot behind a building somewhere. This is bad for me!! I can't even go in a porta-potty!! Oh well, Ellie better appreciate my sacrifices!

1 comment:

Gretchen Magruder said...

Oh, Dana!! You'll do just fine on the toilets!! When I was in Russia, we had to us community Bath Houses to bathe in!!

LifeSong told me this week that anybody but you can give towards the grant, but the check must be made out to them.