Wednesday, November 5, 2008

English as a second language


We are still hearing a lot of Chinese around here, although it seems like she understands much of what we are saying to her. She knows when we say to put her clothes on, put her shoes on, take a bath, brush her teeth, but we haven't heard much English. I have had to look up some wonderful Chinese words like....share, be nice girl, be quiet!! Well last night I was putting her to bed and she grabbed her little stuffed pig and said......Mom this one is a baby. I just stared at her for a second like English was my second language!! Then I said yes it is, it is a baby pig then I said it was a blue baby pig and she repeated blue baby pig. Today at the store I told her that Rorey had to go to the bathroom, and she turned to me and said Mama where is the bathroom? I don't know about you, but I'm impressed!! I promise we didn't learn any Chinese that fast.

2 comments:

a little leprechaun said...

Love the Halloween pics!! And sweet story!! That is awesome!!

Big Hugs!

Anonymous said...

She looks great. I just went through your whole blog & was so happy to see her. I met her, (she was my favorite - even if I should not have had favorites!)2 summers ago when we traveled to Urumqi to work in her orphanage. What an experience, & I have never forgotten her. All of you are very blessed to have become a family!
It was also fun to see the pics of the city & Heavenly Lake which we also visited.
Best to all of you & congrats!
KD from PA