Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend with Nana and Papa

Maybe she will be a pilot?
Just doing a little shopping
Rorey riding with "Mr. Boney"
Three wild animals in a cage!
WOW that's just scary!!

We just got home from spending the weekend with my parents, and Ellie was really good!! She didn't seem to mind going there and staying 3 nights. She slept with Rorey in Nana's room on the pull out couch bed, and they had a load of fun!! Riley and I slept in the spare bedroom.....which is more like a dorm with 2 twin beds and a double bed in there!! The kids didn't have school Thursday and Friday because of parent teacher conferences and then today because of Veterans day. It was great timing for a long weekend at Grandma's house. We also went and visited my grandmother who recently had to go into the nursing home. Ellie has seen her at her home, and did great, but the nursing home made her start crying and get the "doctor's office face." She calmed down after about 10 minutes, I guess she figured out that it wasn't scary after all. On Saturday we took the kids to a children's museum in Decatur. It is pretty cool, Riley has been there several times and Rorey one other time when he was small. Ellie had lots of fun, her favorites being....bubbles.....water table.....shadow wall.....and the climbing area. Also we went to church with my parents... to the church I grew up going to. There are still many people there who remember me and have helped us out during this adoption journey. Everyone was so excited to see Ellie!! She was a little shy, but no crying or fits. She even went into the preschool room with Rorey for 2 hours with no problem. This girl ROCKS!! Then we went out to lunch at the Chinese restaurant where my parents and half of my Mom's family go EVERY Sunday!!
The people there have been anxiously awaiting Ellie's visit!! I guess they where very excited when she came in, and talked to her for quite a while. (I was on McDonald's duty, bringing food for Rorey and Riley) Ellie ordered won ton soup and fried rice with shrimp and pork. By the way she is going to enjoy the left overs for lunch today!! HAHA! We had a fun weekend, and now I'm trying to get all the laundry done!!

1 comment:

Vive...rie...ama said...

Hi Dana!
Ellie is adorable! I wanted to tell you just in the off chance you guys are free- Luke and Lily are coming up mid-December for a couple of days and we might hang out downtown with the kids one day. We would love (if you're not totally busy) if you guys could come! ;) Ellie looks like she is doing really well- I am so happy for you guys!