Sunday, September 21, 2008

Someone Pinch Me!

Eleven days, I repeat eleven days and counting until we are "leaving on a jet plane". Still I'm in a fog, I'm not even nervous really! Just going about my life like a deer in headlights, like nothing special is happening! People ask me if I have any news and when I say yes we are leaving a week from Thursday they freak out because I'm so cool calm and collected! Perhaps I'm in a dissociative state. I think I am!! Luckily I'm not psychotic enough to "FORGET" we are leaving
next Thursday!! I just don't think about it until someone asks. Why get all worked up, what's the big deal. It's just a little 2 week trip half way around the world, with our 10 year old son, leaving our 5 year old son, to bring home our new non-English speaking 4 year old daughter! Never mind the fact that I hate to fly, Riley has never flown, Sha Mei (who has possibly never even been in a car!!) has never flown. Rick has been out of state since July 7th, and will be home "sometime next week". I'm not packed, Riley's not packed, Rick's not even unpacked!! Sha Mei is the only one who IS packed! Come on, what could possibly go wrong?

Somebody pinch me please!!

7 comments:

The Powers Family said...

Well...when you put it THAT way! LOL! We've all got our fingers crossed that all goes perfectly! 11 days - wow!

Unknown said...

Dana,

Thanks for the comments on our blog. Yes we are with CHI. I would love to contact you prior to travel, if interested our e-mail is rodajain@yaoo.com. We actually leave the day after you, but we are flying straight into Yunnan Province. Contact me if you like and Good Luck with your daughter.

a little leprechaun said...

Have a great trip!! I am so excited for you guys! May, just maybe, want to start trying to pack. ;-) Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana! I can't believe this is finally happening. I am sooo excited and nervous for you. We love PINK! I am glad you will finally be able to experience having a girl-DRAMA!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana,
You are gonna love having a girl! Wow you get to leave for China and bring Sha Mei home in 11 days. Our family is the opposite, Jon leaves for Guam (for 3 years) in one month. Strange how things work! You are all in our prayers!

Jean said...

Yippie! I am so excited for you! I was the same way...I didn't pack until 1 or 2 days before we left. I felt like I couldn't concentrate to get anything done. I can't wait to see photos of you with your daughter!!!

Jean in Guam
Home with Lilymei for 6 weeks now!

kelsey said...

i am SOOOO excited (and envious)!! don't freak out, just get packed, don't forget your passports & adoption dox and you'll be just fine :).