Sunday, October 26, 2008

Amazing Ellie

Big brother Rorey, Little sister Ellie, and ringo the dog!! In their PJ's ready for bed!!

Still posing every time we get the camera out!!




Our new family picture
Things are going well! We have been getting used to each other, getting back into a "normal schedule"......well at least Riley and Rorey!! They both are back to their regular activities. Riley is in 5th grade, and Rorey is in pre-school three days a week. Rick and I are still off work and I will not be going back until December, so plenty of time to let Ellie start to feel at home here with us. Rick will be going back to his normal work as of November 2nd. (many of you will understand what I'm saying!) Hopefully we will all get along well and things will be under control sooner rather than later! We are taking Ellie to DR. Laddage in St. Louis this Tuesday and we are praying that she will not act like she did in Guangzhou!! WOW crazy girl!!! Also I'm going to get a dentist appointment for her ....and Rorey who has never had a "successful" dentist appointment either!! Which would mean he would sit in the chair and or let them look in his mouth!! HAHA At church today Ellie went into the 4 & 5 year old class with her brother with no problem!! She spent the entire time in there and was just fine!! I was very surprised!! We spent the rest of the day out and about at the park, apple barn, and then another park. It was soooo windy I've got windburn on my face and chapped lips!! Ellie took a big dive at the park off of a piece of playground equipment and fell face first into the dirty mulch! She had dirt in her mouth and her feet went up over her back and head!! I thought she broke her neck!! She has NO FEAR!! She is like a loaded gun, constantly running from one thing to the next, with no regard for her safety. You should see her in the pool!!! I will NEVER be able to take her and Rorey swimming by myself, one of them would end up dead for sure!
Our friend James and his wife made Ellie some "pig feet with eggs" over rice and brought the left overs to our house for her. It looks disgusting, but smells really good and she LOVES it! They have helped us so much by talking to her, explaining things, and calming her down when she was totally consumed with grief!
Also we went to visit my parents on Saturday in my hometown, and ended up going out to lunch at one of the Chinese restaurants there. They where talking to Ellie for 20 minutes and the son spoke very good English so he was telling us what she was saying. She is very funny when she sees other Chinese people, and they all tell us she is very smart! Ellie seems to know that they are her grandparents and is giving them hugs and kisses when we leave. Luckily since my father is our babysitter when I'm at work....three days a week. Hope she gets really really used to Papa Jim before December hits!!
Ellie has been sleeping great the last 5 or so days. She isn't even crying when it is time for bed. She lets me rock her in the rocker for a few minutes, then gets up and gets in her bed willingly and goes to sleep until morning!! Can you guys believe that? Also you might have noticed the haircut....Rick's Mom cut her hair for us, and Ellie seems to like it! She was always pushing her hair out from her face, and now it doesn't bother her. I'll try to keep up with the blog, as much as I can so keep checking in!!

9 comments:

Vive...rie...ama said...

I love your updates:). She is adorable, and I love the picture of the whole family on the couch!!! It is so similar to the other family photo you have on the right, except now with Ellie it just seems more complete! I am so glad she is adjusting and happy with her new family! Congratulations!!! You are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Dana,

I am so glad Ellie is doing so well. I was worried about you guys and her settling in with you. I love her hair cut, it is so cute! I know what you mean about no fear. I came in the our living room yesterday and one of the boys had opened the window for Mahli. She was balancing out the window on her waist. No feet touching anything. It is only about a four foot drop to the hard ground below. But she was busy watching the dogs! One crazy day after the next!

The Powers Family said...

Love the new haircut!! Hope to see you guys this weekend :)

Dianna and Steve said...

Love the updated photos, keep them coming! So glad she is adjusting so well!! From the pictures it looks like she has been with you all forever!
Dianna

kelsey said...

you know i check your blog at least once every day to see if you've updated :). i am so happy that you all are doing so well!! ellie is such a sweetheart- i can't wait to see her again (someday soon?!). cute haircut too!

Kimber and Scott Miller said...

Hi Dana

Glad to see the updates and hear the new stories with Ellie and the rest of the fam.

BTW-it will be a long day at DR Ladage's and a lot of blood taken--poor Ellie!!!

Be in touch soon

Kim

a little leprechaun said...

Love love love the update!! She is such a sweetie!! Glad everything is getting back to normal!

Talk to you soon!!

Jean said...

I'm glad to hear that things are getting back to normal. I thought it looked like Ellie had her hair cut. Very cute! Love the updates and all the photos.

Take care!
Jean

Anonymous said...

Dana, thanks for the update. I am so thrilled all is going well and you are settling in with Ellie. That is awesome about bedtime and I am happy for you, though I have to admit I am a little jealous:)...all I want is a full night sleep!! It is a blessing to have your friend James and his family also. I am with Kelsey...can't wait to see her and have "a visit" as Grace puts it! Hope to see you soon!

Vickie