Monday, October 6, 2008

Urumqi Info

This post is for Kim, Becky, Dianna and Vickie!!! Kim.....I asked your questions to the director(that was the women in the pictures) She said that two of the children are still there. She gave me their names also. Secondly she said that the women in the picture was Drew's nanny . That she would have been the nanny for 6 children.....the six boys in the picture. She was very happy to see Drew and said he looked well. Becky.......I gave her all the pics from you of the weekend and also of your three children together. She was very happy to see them and said they looked
very well also. I asked her to show them to the foster mothers. Dianna.......I asked her about Sha Sha , and she said yes, the girl with a vision problem?? I told her that she had a new diagnosis and that she can see quite well in dim light, also that the bright light blinded her and that she was partially color blind. She seems very surprised that Gillian could see so well, and was very pleased to know she is well. Last but not least, Vickie.....I gave the director the gift for
Graces' foster mother, and she looked at the picture albulm and was so surprised at how big she looks! I told her she is very healthy and well. That made her very happy.
Our guide Jessie told us that the director chose Sha Mei's name and we said that we liked it very much. She seemed fond of Sha Mei, and was very nice and pleased to hear about all of the children.

4 comments:

Kimber and Scott Miller said...

Thank you so much for doing that on your very busy gotcha day! We're very eager to hear details of the conversations and the names of those kiddos-yay!
Thank you again -- I had to laugh when I read the first sentence of this post.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Family; Cant wait to meet Ellie she looks like a live wire, just like her brothers. Rileys pics with the girl were hilarious, alway the ham. Rorey is very excited for you all to come home. Mom and I may take him to get a welcome home gift for Ellie. See you soon & safely. Love, your sis, Deb

Dianna and Steve said...

Dana,
Thanks for updating her for us about Gillian. Looking at your pictures of the streets, brings back so many memories. I am sooooo jealous of your gotcha day and how you could actually enjoy your time in Urumqi with your daughter! Just kidding :) Wow how amazing that she is doing so well! I told Gillian yesterday that Sha Mei met her new mommy and daddy and that she liked them and how happy she was and how she did not cry. Gillian just looked at me and then had a silly grin on her face and said Gillian cried,cried,cried!!

Enjoy your new daughter!

Take care,
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Dana again for taking the gift and talking to the director. I have so many questions for them about Grace so am happy that she remembered her and hopefully will answer my questions at some point. I am so very happy for you guys at how well it is going for you...that is a HUGE praise.

Love to you!
Vickie