Monday, October 6, 2008

Night number One


It's morning, Rick, Riley and I are up. It's only 7:00, so Sha Mei is still asleep. I can not believe how great she did last night!!! I gave her a bath, which she didn't really want.....but had great fun once she got in. She learned the word hair while she was in there because she didn't like it when a hair would float around in the water!! Once we came out of the bathroom the boys were in bed asleep so we sat on the floor and played with her panda bear beach ball. I turned on the TV, and started flipping htrough the channels. She saw a show she wanted to watch......Just do it. Some of you may have seen this before, where the contestants run through a obstacle course and usually end up falling in the water?? She loved it, and has obviously watched it before!! She would yell out everytime someone started to do the course"just do it" in English!! When I saw her yawning, I motioned for her to get in bed.......and she just got in bed next to Riley with her stuffed animal and blanket from Nana Sandy. I was on her other side on the rollaway bed. She closed her eyes and went to sleep in about 2 minutess......that was it!! No crying ........ nothing!! She slept all night, even though I had to move her back up to the pillow two times...she moves around alot ! We are meeting Jessie at 8:00 for breakfast, so I better get ready!! Love you Rorey!! Can't wait for you to meet your sister!!!!

3 comments:

Kimber and Scott Miller said...

Just showing Scott and Drew your pics of Sha Mei. Drew said, "oooh I know her, her in China with me and Tonito." I asked if they were friends and he said yes.
How cute is that??

Keep the pics coming

kim

Anonymous said...

Aawwww... I am so happy for you guys- I am so glad your first night went well. We didn't find that Just Do It show till our final morning in Guangzhou- right before we had to leave. I guess they don't have Chinese soap operas on that early :).
I am so full of joy that ya'll are there and doing so well.
Best of wishes for Official Adoption Day!!
Kelsey

Anonymous said...

Dear Rick Dana Riley and Ellie Sha Mei....
Well I just gor done typing a long discourse and something happened and it all left me...:(
So I will begin again...!!
OH she is SUCH A SWEETHEART!!We have been PRAYING for you guys, and God is answering prayers!! What a blessing!! We are rejoicing with you!! Looks so good to see her added to your family circle!!
Can't believe how happy she is and no trouble at bed?? WOW...poor Zak wouldn't go to sleep the first night rough on us ALL...last night was better!!
I am SO homesick for my children and feel so ready to get HOME!!
I am really looking forward to meeting up with you all soon!!
Our love and prayers continue with you!!
See you soon!!
Steven and LaurelLee